Jacksonville School District 117 will be celebrating its 150th anniversary with a sesquicentennial celebration in 2017. The Sesquicentennial Committee is presently hosting a contest to develop the logo that will be used for the yearlong celebration. The contest kicks off May 1, 2016 and will end on August 31, 2016. All logo ideas must be submitted to Amy Albers at the Jacksonville Public Schools Foundation office at 516 Jordan, Jacksonville, IL 62650 on a flash drive or CD in the design file master format by deadline to be considered for the contest. The contest winner will be awarded two tickets to the Sesquicentennial banquet and will be recognized during that event. All entries will become the property of Jacksonville School District 117 and can be used by the school district without further permission or compensation to the designer.
The following rules must be followed for the contest:
- The slogan, “Rich History, Bright Future” must be used in the Logo.
- The school colors and the logo colors are red and white.
- The logo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, intellectual property-related rights, or property-related rights
- The logo must not contain footage, images, or artwork not created by the designer
- The logo must not contain anything that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- The logo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
JHS FFA Flower Fundraiser
The JHS FFA is selling flowers for their annual flower fundraiser. Pre-sales are now through April 29, 2016. The open house schedule is Saturday, April 30th from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Monday, May 2nd-Friday May 6th from 3:30-5:00 p.m., and Saturday, May 7th from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Click here to download the order form.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Teacher Appreciation Week will be Monday, May 2- Friday, May 6, 2016.
The Early Years Program will be screening for Pre-K on Monday, May 9th and Tuesday, May 10th for children ages 3 and 4 years old. Interested parents must call 217-243-2876, to schedule an appointment.
Baccalaureate will be held at the Annie Merner Chapel on Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
The 2016 High School Graduation will be held at the The Bowl on Friday, May 27, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
Quicklinks: Employee Quicklinks: